It’s great when the UKSF impression community pulls together and decodes reference pics in a collegiate way. That happened with the slew of SAS pics coming out of Nairobi, Kenya – and the analysis went down pretty much live.
For credits, see the shoutout at the end of this article.
For further ideas about how to build a legit L119A2, see The Reptile House’s comprehensive list.
Obi-Wan Nairobi L119A2 Parts List
- Surefire FA556SA – updated version
- Surefire M620 Scout light (discontinued), with what looks like a Surefire IR filter or other flip cap cover
- Surefire Remote Dual Pressure switch
- Surefire RM45L light mount in tan
- Sig Romeo 4T optic in FDE – with bundled mount and lower third co-witness spacer
- Ergo Original grip (without base cap)
- Magpul ASAP rear sling point
- Colt Canada ambi-charging handle – with cut-down latch (left side)
- Magpul Pmag in FDE or Coyote Brown
- Magpul CTR Stock
- LaRue RISR in black
- Proctor sling – Multicam
Surprising pretty much everyone, Obi-Wan Nairobi’s L119A2 features what is assessed to be a Sig Romeo 4T optic in FDE (originally misidentified as an Aimpoint T2) and a Surefire RM45L light mount in tan (originally misidentified as an HSP Thorntail).
A black LaRue RISR and Multicam Proctor sling are also present.
None of these items are common to previously seen L119A2s. It left those in the know shocked, pointing to greater variety than had been estimated.
Also of interest is that the fire selector markings were masked when the paint job was done.
The UKSF impression narrative imploded with these new pics.
There may be only one Romeo 4T in the entire SAS. There may be only one RM45L. There may be only one Proctor sling. There may only be one RISR.
It doesn’t matter.
The Kenya pics changed everything, bringing UKSF to a new global audience and making this L119A2 arguably the most iconic ever.
Shoutouts are due to the following for their relentless sleuthing. The Reptile House readers should be following all these guys for on point content, but if not give them a follow:
Read Part 2 in this series – The Loadout – here.
More articles about the real steel UKSF L119A2
- The Comprehensive UKSF (SAS/SBS) L119A2 Parts and Accessories List
- The original L119A2 primer, here
- GG&G AR15 vertical fore-grip in use here
- Magpul QDM and ASAP QD in use here – part 1
- Magpul QDM and ASAP QD in use here – part 2
- 15.7″ L119A2 upper in use here
- Surefire FA556SA Suppressor here
- GG&G Aimpoint T1 mount in use here
- Magpul MS3 sling in use here
- Magpul ACS stock in use here – part 1
- Magpul ACS stock in use here – part 2
- Colt Canada parts – as used on the L119A2 – here
- Manta Very Low Profile Rail Covers here
- S&S Precision Sling Clip – Old Gen – here
- Inforce WML-type lights in use here
- UKSF Newcastle UK incident part 1 – here
- UKSF Newcastle UK incident part 2 – here
- UKSF Nairobi Kenya incident L119A2 parts breakdown here
- UKSF Nairobi Kenya incident Proctor Way of the Gun Sling here
- UKSF Nairobi Kenya incident LaRue RISR here
- UKSF Nairobi Kenya incident Surefire RM45L M620 Scout mount here
- UKSF Belize ‘Jungle Set-up’ L119A2 parts breakdown here