Words: Rich Norman
Despite being issued with the Magpul CTR – and the Magpul STR also said to be part of the official package – there have been a couple of examples of Magpul ACS stocks fitted to the L119A2 in public pics.
But which version of the ACS?
Neither of the pics at my disposal are hugely detailed, so a bit of comparison work is required to get a positive ID.
Stock A is the original ACS and stock B is the ACS-L:
The ACS is the original version of the stock and the ACS-L is a slimmed-down version. The original ACS has cheek shelves, which are much more pronounced than those of the ACS-L – perhaps the most helpful way of differentiating between the two.
On the evidence of these pics, it looks as if both of the stocks depicted in the wild are the original ACS; but that’s not to say the ACS-L isn’t out there.
The other thing to note is that the ACS stock in the second in the wild pic is verifiably black. It’s anyone’s guess what the painted one’s base colour is, but black wouldn’t be a bad guess.
There are L119A1 pics out there – presumably pre-A2 – which depict black ACS stocks.
The following SBS reference pics entered the public domain yesterday via the UKSF Impression/Reference Group Facebook page:
Also of note in the second pic are the Platatac National Security Directorate (NDS) camo trousers.
More articles relating to the L119A2:
- The Comprehensive UKSF (SAS/SBS) L119A2 Parts and Accessories List
- The original L119A2 primer, here
- GG&G AR15 vertical fore-grip in use here
- Magpul QDM and ASAP QD in use here
- 15.7″ L119A2 upper in use here
- Surefire FA556SA Suppressor here
- GG&G Aimpoint T1 mount in use here
- Magpul MS3 sling in use here
- Magpul ACS stock in use here
- Colt Canada parts – as used on the L119A2 – here
- Manta Very Low Profile Rail Covers as used on the L119A2 here
- UKSF Newcastle raid pics part 1
- UKSF Newcastle raid pics part 2
- UKSF Nairobi Kenya incident L119A2 parts breakdown here
- UKSF Belize ‘Jungle Set-up’ L119A2 parts breakdown here
- Confirmation bias (and the HSP Thorntail offset light mount) here
- UKSF Ecosystem: S&S Precision Sling Clip – Old Gen – here
- Inforce WML-type lights in use here