An incremental update to one of the most directional L119A2 builds out there right now: John’s HAO L119A2 Systema PTW. You can read the full backstory here.
This update eschews the original light and mount – a Surefire M620 with RM45L – and replaces it with the white/IR variant of the Inforce WMLx Gen 2.
John has made this change largely for ergonomic reasons, although along with the BCM vertical grip and Obi Wan Nairobi-inspired Sig Romeo 4T optic, it gives the whole gun a streamlined and progressive look which is dialled-in to John’s preferences.
Note that an FDE version of the light has been chosen. While I’ve so far only seen the black WMLx in UKSF reference pics, it fits in well with the Kryptek palette without the immediate need to be painted.
You can read about the WMLx in the wild, here.
Next on John’s list is the conversion of a full set of RS Magpul PMAGS in Coyote.
HAO Monolithic L119A2 ‘Amplified’ Systema PTW Parts List
- Systema PTW Value Kit 3, cylinder and barrel/hop group
- HAO Beta L119A2 IUR kit – Tackleberried
- HAO L119A2 lower – built by Elmo
- HAO Colt Canada ambi mag catch
- HAO Colt Canada receiver extension
- HAO Colt Canada receiver extension nut
- HAO Colt Canada ambi fire control levers
- Systema Geissele engraved trigger
- Bruno Carvalho old gen Surefire FA556SA 3D printed suppressor
- Element LA5 with Jay Taranis’ UKSF spec stickers
- RS Ergo Original grip
- RS Manta 6″ very low profile rail guard – FDE
- RS Magpul CTR stock – FDE
- RS Magpul ASAP sling plate
- RS Inforce WMLx Gen 2, white/IR – FDE
- RS Sig Sauer Romeo 4T optic – FDE
- RS BCM vertical grip – FDE
- RS Frank Proctor Way of the Gun sling – Multicam
More articles about the real steel UKSF L119A2:
- The original L119A2 primer, here
- GG&G AR15 vertical fore-grip in use here
- Magpul QDM and ASAP QD in use here – part 1
- Magpul QDM and ASAP QD in use here – part 2
- 15.7″ L119A2 upper in use here
- Surefire FA556SA Suppressor here
- GG&G Aimpoint T1 mount in use here
- Magpul MS3 sling in use here
- Magpul ACS stock in use here – part 1
- Magpul ACS stock in use here – part 2
- Colt Canada parts – as used on the L119A2 – here
- Manta Very Low Profile Rail Covers here
- S&S Precision Sling Clip – Old Gen – here
- Inforce WML-type lights in use here
- UKSF Manchester UK incident video here
- UKSF Manchester UK incident L119A2 here
- UKSF Newcastle UK incident part 1 – here
- UKSF Newcastle UK incident part 2 – here
- UKSF Nairobi Kenya incident L119A2 parts breakdown here
- UKSF Nairobi Kenya incident Proctor Way of the Gun Sling here
- UKSF Nairobi Kenya incident LaRue RISR here
- UKSF Nairobi Kenya incident Surefire RM45L M620 Scout mount here
- UKSF Belize ‘Jungle Set-up’ L119A2 parts breakdown here