As usual these items are built to RS spec, although care has been taken to modify the catch structure of the mag catch assembly.
Many who own the RS Colt Canada mag catch will concur that it doesn’t like some types of replica mag. This is because airsoft mags are often flat and angular at the business end – as opposed to the curved fairings which retain ammo up top on the RS. As such, replica mags often hit what feels like a brick wall when inserted in to the mag well. This is because of a sharp ledge on the Colt Canada mag catch.
To remedy this, HAO has chamfered the edge of their version.
The mag catch assembly is CNC’d from S45C steel, which I hear is difficult to cut. That will be reflected in the price.
HAO has also decided to make both the three stake and four stake versions of Colt Canada’s receiver extension nut. ‘Stake’ refers to the staking notches arranged around the nut’s circumference, which help prevent loosening. Apparently both three and four stake versions are in circulation (and exhibit the same Colt Canada product number).
The Colt Canada receiver extension nut is a bit different from the current Colt ‘castle nut’ (as depicted by most replicas) and has been noted as one of those unique features which help define the L119 series.
HAO is going live with these items at midnight Taiwan time (GMT+8), which is 4pm in the UK.
Oh – there’s this as well…
More articles relating to the L119A2:
- The original L119A2 primer, here
- GG&G AR15 vertical fore-grip in use here
- Magpul QDM and ASAP QD in use here
- 15.7″ L119A2 upper in use here
- Surefire FA556SA Suppressor here
- GG&G Aimpoint T1 mount in use here
- Magpul MS3 sling in use here
- Magpul ACS stock in use here
- Colt Canada parts – as used on the L119A2 – here
- Manta Very Low Profile Rail Covers as used on the L119A2 here
- UKSF Newcastle raid pics part 1
- UKSF Newcastle raid pics part 2
- UKSF Nairobi Kenya incident L119A2 parts breakdown here
- UKSF Belize ‘Jungle Set-up’ L119A2 parts breakdown here
- Confirmation bias (and the HSP Thorntail offset light mount) here
- UKSF Ecosystem: S&S Precision Sling Clip – Old Gen – here
- Inforce WML-type lights in use here