Words: Rich Norman
I received an enigmatic pic from HAO earlier today. Enigmatic, because it was just a pic with no explanation.
However, the pic was clearly that of an AR-style PTW fire selector and that selector was clearly a bit different to the normal M4 type.
That’s because it’s for an L119A2.
I’ve since been told by two sources that the ‘S’ stands for Schmid Tool, which is Colt Canada’s OEM for CNC lower parts.
And there was me thinking ‘S’ was for safe…
Looks like things are going well on the forthcoming HAO L119A2 lower, which will complement their recently released IUR.
Catch up on the HAO L119A2 IUR series here.
More articles relating to the L119A2:
- The original L119A2 primer, here
- GG&G AR15 vertical fore-grip in use here
- Magpul QDM and ASAP QD in use here
- 15.7″ L119A2 upper in use here
- Surefire FA556SA Suppressor here
- GG&G Aimpoint T1 mount in use here
- Magpul MS3 sling in use here
- Magpul ACS stock in use here
- Colt Canada parts – as used on the L119A2 – here
- Manta Very Low Profile Rail Covers as used on the L119A2 here
- UKSF Newcastle raid pics part 1
- UKSF Newcastle raid pics part 2
- UKSF Nairobi Kenya incident L119A2 parts breakdown here
- UKSF Belize ‘Jungle Set-up’ L119A2 parts breakdown here
- Confirmation bias (and the HSP Thorntail offset light mount) here
- UKSF Ecosystem: S&S Precision Sling Clip – Old Gen – here
- Inforce WML-type lights in use here