Earlier in the week I signposted readers to an excellent UKSF photoset in the Newcastle Chronicle. I also published some initial observations on the L119A2s exhibited therein.
You can read the full blog here.
I’ve now had a chance to get a better look at the pics and have spotted some additional small but interesting details.
First, both L119A2s (lets call them #1 and #2) feature Aimpoint TwistMount Bases.
The thing which tipped me off to this was that one pic of L119A2 #2 shows a magnifier in situ (presumably an Aimpoint 3XMAG-1 on Flip to Side Mount) and the other shows it absent.
From this we can perhaps infer the value of the TwistMount Base. Don’t need the magnifier? You can flip it to the side or twist it off.
It’s not easy to ID, but in this pic of L119A2 #1 you can see the TwistMount Base’s distinctive index nub:
And in this pic of L119A2 #2, you can see the TwistMount Base’s distinctive locking nut:
Another couple of Easter eggs I missed on first inspection were L119A2 #2’s QD sling swivel and Magpul AFG2:
Difficult to know which sling swivel is in use here, but according to those in the know a Colt Canada sling swivel ships with the L119A2 as part of its ecosystem.
I’d assessed in part one of this series that both L119A2s featured cut-down charging handle latches. However, they do exhibit different lengths.
#2 – longer, but still not full length in my opinion.
Read part 1 of this series here.
More articles relating to the L119A2:
- The original L119A2 primer, here
- GG&G AR15 vertical fore-grip in use here
- Magpul QDM and ASAP QD in use here
- 15.7″ L119A2 upper in use here
- Surefire FA556SA Suppressor here
- GG&G Aimpoint T1 mount in use here
- Magpul MS3 sling in use here
- Magpul ACS stock in use here
- Colt Canada parts – as used on the L119A2 – here
- Manta Very Low Profile Rail Covers as used on the L119A2 here
- UKSF Newcastle raid pics part 1
- UKSF Newcastle raid pics part 2
- UKSF Nairobi Kenya incident L119A2 parts breakdown here
- UKSF Belize ‘Jungle Set-up’ L119A2 parts breakdown here
- Confirmation bias (and the HSP Thorntail offset light mount) here
- UKSF Ecosystem: S&S Precision Sling Clip – Old Gen – here
- Inforce WML-type lights in use here