Words: Rich Norman
A few months ago some fantastic, candid UKSF pics were posted on the web.
Enthusiasts seized upon these pics and dissected them. I was interested myself in the blaster setups, which showed a couple of things publicly for the first time.
Aspects of the pics added a different dimension to my own ‘working document’ on the L119A2, which was first published in May 2016.
However, the reason for this post is to divert readers to this article:
Channeling Guns ‘N Roses, it’s an apt title because when Appetite for Destruction – the album which opens with the track Welcome to the Jungle – was released, it was a paradigm shifting LP. Yes – I remember vinyl the first time around!
More articles relating to the L119A2:
- The Comprehensive UKSF (SAS/SBS) L119A2 Parts and Accessories List
- The original L119A2 primer, here
- GG&G AR15 vertical fore-grip in use here
- Magpul QDM and ASAP QD in use here
- 15.7″ L119A2 upper in use here
- Surefire FA556SA Suppressor here
- GG&G Aimpoint T1 mount in use here
- Magpul MS3 sling in use here
- Magpul ACS stock in use here
- Colt Canada parts – as used on the L119A2 – here
- Manta Very Low Profile Rail Covers as used on the L119A2 here
- UKSF Newcastle raid pics part 1
- UKSF Newcastle raid pics part 2
- UKSF Nairobi Kenya incident L119A2 parts breakdown here
- UKSF Belize ‘Jungle Set-up’ L119A2 parts breakdown here
- Confirmation bias (and the HSP Thorntail offset light mount) here
- UKSF Ecosystem: S&S Precision Sling Clip – Old Gen – here
- Inforce WML-type lights in use here