Words: Rich Norman
Pics: Rich Norman, with Executive Production by Milsimminded
I didn’t expect to be doing another update on my AFSOC blaster, but delays on the new build have meant my EOTech G33 magnifier landed before I sent the current blaster’s lower to Tackleberry.
It’s given me the opportunity to take a new set of pics and to perform a sterile test of the updated configuration – utilising both the EOTech EXPS3-0 (which I reviewed here) and the G33; EOTech’s third generation 3x magnifier. I’ll be reviewing the latter in due course.
First impressions are good. Quite aside from its looks – which is 90% of what this is all about, let’s be clear – it’s a lot more diminutive and lighter than expected.
Switched to the side, I expected it to alter the balance of the gun, but it doesn’t do anything detrimental.
Adding the G33 may even improve handling by subtly changing the point of balance – particularly considering I’ve not needed to move the EXPS forward of its preferred position.
It does mean, however, I had to lose the Matech BUIS. There is enough rail space per se, but the Matech is so lumpen that it conflicts with the G33 Switch to Side Mount’s lever.
- Tackleberried 2008 Systema PTW
- Cerakote Armour Black Prime receiver set
- Generic Surefire FH556-212A*
- HAO 14.5” SOCOM aluminium barrel
- Daniel Defense Omega 7.0 RIS
- KAC 97098 Forward Pistol Grip
- Element LA-5 FDE (just a prop for pics)*
- EOTech EXPS3-0
- EOTech G33
- Hogue grip
- Colt trigger guard
- BCM Gunfighter charging handle
- LMT castle nut
- LMT receiver extension (mil spec)
- CQD rear sling point
- Vltor IMOD Standard (mil spec) FDE
- Tackleberried ‘Super Float’ Magpul Pmag
- Magpul Ranger Plate FDE
* Denotes repro
You can follow the evolution of this build here.