Words and pics: Lorenzo Malfatti
I’ve always liked UKSF and The British Army in general – even before starting to play airsoft.
I think this passion started when I was a kid, and I saw a pic in a magazine of a guy in a Denison smock, carrying a Sten. Growing up I started reading Italian forums about UKSF and then UK forums; learning as much as I could and starting my L119A1.
In early 2017 I started playing airsoft more frequently and I decided to buy a higher performance platform, so I bought a TM NGRS – which I believe is the best platform on the market today.
At the same time I started my UKSF loadout (2015-present, which is still a WIP). I needed the correct gun to run with, so my NGRS CQBR quickly became a modern 10″ L119A1.
Then, a couple of weeks after I finished my A1, Angry Gun announced the A2 rail!
To build my rifle – and my loadout in general – I studied all the reference pics available in the public domain (sadly I’m not one of the blessed ones who have access to other sources) and asked a lot of questions in the UKSF impression and L119 Facebook groups. I learned what is issued/used by the guys, and built my rifle using those constraints – but in a way which works better for me.
The only thing I’m not sure about is the LaRue style magnifier mount, but since LaRue items are in use, I will tolerate it (particularly since I can’t find/afford a Samson Mfg mount).
Special Thanks To
- All the E27 guys and Mike P, who are my principal airsoft inspiration for UKSF stuff
- Mark T, for modding the Magpul ASAP and charging handle for TM, and CTR recoil pad for lipo
- Rich N, for choosing my build for his blog
- TM NGRS M4 CQBR with outer barrel chopped to 10.0″
- Magpul CTR stock with recoil pad modded for lipo
- Magpul ASAP Sling Plate modded for TM buffer
- Ambi mag release*
- Colt Canada charging handle latch
- Aimpoint 3x magnifier*
- LaRue FTS mount*
- Aimpoint Micro T1
- GG&G QD Accucam mount
- Magpul RSA QD sling mount
- LA-5* with Jay Taranis UKSF spec stickers
- Surefire M600 with KM2 head
- Haley strategic Scout mount
- Magpul AFG
- BFG padded Vickers sling in Multicam
I’m still missing the correct trades – and the ambi selector, because I can’t put it on my AEG.
Follow Lorenzo as Lima Mike Tactical on Instagram
The UKSF Kit List
The Comprehensive UKSF (SAS/SBS) L119A2 Parts and Accessories List