Excellent overview of Prime’s Colt upper, for those new to these gold standard CNC receiver sets – courtesy of Juicy at Overhoppers.
This arrived late last week – fully sick! Prime CNC’ed goodness…
Quick notes on fitment:
- Systema charging handle fit.
- Systema dust cover & pin fit, though upper corners of dust cover were a bit tight.
- Systema black and silver cylinders fit a little tighter than in Systema upper, though not overly so.
- Systema steel 14.5″ outer barrel fit, though the diameter of the chamber seemed slightly smaller than the hole in the receiver by a fraction of a MM – Systema upper fit slightly better.
- Systema barrel nut was harder to install, some chasing of the threads was required to complete it.
- Buffer tube cap on my lower requires reshimming after installation of Prime upper.
- Minor play between Prime upper and Systema lower – about the same as the Systema upper I had before.
View original post 137 more words