Apparently the pic originated from Platatac. It shows what is implied to be Obi Wan Nairobi, wearing one of Platatac’s tribute patches.
I wrote recently about Obi Wan’s L119A2:
With so many non-standard items in use, this L119A2 could well be the work of someone who enjoys experimenting; both keenly interested in gear and finding an ergonomic formulation which suits them best.
I think this new pic very much underlines the point I was trying to make.
It’s a mere nine months since the Nairobi incident. We cannot be sure when the Platatac pic was taken, but it shows how Obi Wan’s L119A2 setup has evolved – and (perhaps crucially) how it’s stayed the same.
As far as this pic is concerned the keepers are:
- Sig Sauer Romeo 4T optic – FDE
- LaRue RISR – black
- Surefire M620 series light
- Surefire RM45L light mount
- Magpul Pmag – Coyote Brown
- Proctor Way of the Gun sling – Multicam
On the flip side the obvious changes are:
- Flip cap (or IR filter) removed
- Surefire clicky end cap installed on light
- Dual LA5/light switch removed
- Standard LA5 switch installed (implied by jack)
- Different profile charging handle latch (or entire charging handle assembly)
Obi Wan Nairobi’s Crye G4 Combat Pants and Velocity Systems Boss Rugby Shirt
If a picture speaks a thousand words, an annotated picture speaks at least 1001.
- The first pic collage shows that Obi Wan Nairobi is wearing Crye G4 Combat Pants
- The second pic collage shows that he’s also wearing a Velocity Systems Boss Rugby Shirt
While the G4 Combat Pants are no surprise at all, the shirt is.
Read my review of Crye’s awesome G4 Combat Pants here.
Big thanks again to John, for his work helping to ID the G4 Combat Pants.
More articles about the real steel UKSF L119A2:
- The original L119A2 primer, here
- GG&G AR15 vertical fore-grip in use here
- Magpul QDM and ASAP QD in use here – part 1
- Magpul QDM and ASAP QD in use here – part 2
- 15.7″ L119A2 upper in use here
- Surefire FA556SA Suppressor here
- GG&G Aimpoint T1 mount in use here
- Magpul MS3 sling in use here
- Magpul ACS stock in use here – part 1
- Magpul ACS stock in use here – part 2
- Colt Canada parts – as used on the L119A2 – here
- Manta Very Low Profile Rail Covers here
- S&S Precision Sling Clip – Old Gen – here
- Inforce WML-type lights in use here
- UKSF Manchester UK incident video here
- UKSF Manchester UK incident L119A2 here
- UKSF Newcastle UK incident part 1 – here
- UKSF Newcastle UK incident part 2 – here
- UKSF Nairobi Kenya incident L119A2 parts breakdown here
- UKSF Nairobi Kenya incident Proctor Way of the Gun Sling here
- UKSF Nairobi Kenya incident LaRue RISR here
- UKSF Nairobi Kenya incident Surefire RM45L M620 Scout mount here
- UKSF Belize ‘Jungle Set-up’ L119A2 parts breakdown here