Words and Pics: Rich Norman
“Is a build ever finished?”
Surely that could serve as a Zen Buddhist kōan – a question which provokes great doubt, in order to test the Zen student’s journey to enlightenment?
It follows then that to truly finish a build is to achieve enlightenment; and my Tackleberried HAO HK416A5 is truly finished.
Well, I can tell you that if this is enlightenment, it feels a bit shit. This proves that for me the journey is more important than the destination.
To be honest, I blame HAO. Their thoroughness and authenticity makes things far too easy – funds allowing. They have completely ruined the journey with their perfect receiver sets. Fuckers! 🙂
So, the finishing touches to my A5 landed in the past couple of weeks.
A parts list follows.
- Tackleberried Systema PTW Value Pack 3
- Tackleberried Systema PTW Hop/Orga Barrel Group
- Tackleberried HAO Advanced Stainless Steel Cylinder
- Tackleberried HAO HK416A5 7075T6 CNC Receiver Set – RAL8000, with Gundrilled Barrel
- Element LA5 – FDE
- VFC Ejection Port Cover – RAL8000
- RS HK416A5 Castle Nut
- RS HK416A5 Receiver End Plate
- RS HK Assault Grip – RAL8000
- RS HK Rear BUIS – Black
- RS HK 416A5 Slim Line Stock – RAL8000
- RS EOTech EXPS 3-0 FDE
- RS EOTech G33 Magnifier
- Tackleberried RS Magpul Pmag – Black